BRCW Type 2 Class 26/1 26038 was sporting a freshly applied Railfreight livery and branding when seen at Inverness on an engineer’s train.
A product of the Birmingham Railway Carriage & Wagon Company Smethwick, D5338 was delivered in August 1959 being allocated to Haymarket. Within a year it was allocated to Inverness and remained based there for the rest of its 33 years of service. The locomotive was purchased for preservation and is currently based on the Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway.
All images on this site are exclusive property and may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, transmitted, manipulated or used in any way without expressed written permission of the photographer. All rights reserved – Copyright Don Gatehouse