Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan – U.S.A.
Type: Custom 6 Series type 54E 4-door Sedan
Production time: September 1965 – October 1966
Production outlet: 72,245
Engine: 3929cc straight-6 Ford Big Six 240
Power: 152 bhp / 4.000 rpm
Torque: 317 Nm / 2.200 rpm
Drivetrain: rear wheels
Speed: 157 km/h
Curb weight: 1740 kg
Wheelbase: 119 inch
Chassis: box frame with cross-beams and self-supporting unibody
Steering: “Magic Circle” recirculating ball
Gearbox: Borg Warner T-150 (Tremec 150-T) three-speed manual / all synchromesh / steering column shift
Clutch: 9.5 inch single dry plate disc
Carburettor: Ford 1-barrel single downdraft
Fuel tank: 95 liter
Electric system: 12 Volts 45 Ah
Ignition system: distributor and coil
Brakes front: 11 inch hydraulic self-adjusting Bendix drums
Brakes rear: 11 inch hydraulic self-adjusting Bendix drums
Suspension front: independent ball joint, upper trapezoidal wishbones, lower wishbone simple, flexibly mounted longitudinal sliding, elastically mounted tension struts, sway bar, coil springs + hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers between the handlebars
Suspension rear: beam axle, coil link, lower longitudinal links, upper torque support, Panhard rod, semi-elliptic leaf springs + hydraulic telescopic shock absorbers
Rear axle: live semi-floating type
Differential: hypoid 3.0:1
Wheels: 15 inch steel discs
Tires: 7.35 – 15
Options: Cruise-O-Matic three-speed automatic transmission, four-speed manual gearbox, 289 CID (4727cc) Ford Windsor V-8 289 engine, 352 CID (5766cc) Ford FE-series V-8 352 engine, 390 CID (6384cc) Ford FE-series V-8 390 engine, 428 CID (6997cc) Ford FE-series V-8 428 engine, Ford power steering, Midland-Ross power brakes, Kelsey Hayes power disc brakes, power windows, power seats, bucket seats, radio, Air Conditioning, speed control device, non-silenced air cleaner system, vinyl room, low restriction dual exhaust system, two-tone colouring
– The Custom Series, designed by engineer Harley Copp, was Fords economy line of models.
– The 1966 Ford Custom 6 Series was available as this 4-door Sedan and as 62E 2-door Sedan (32,292 units built).
– Besides this Custom 6 Series there was also the Custom 500 6 Series, available as 54B 4-door Sedan (109,449 units built) and as 62B 2-door Sedan (28,789 units built).
– These so-called “Custom type V Series” (1964-1975) was assembled in Edison (brand-new Jersey), Claycomo (Missouri), Cuautitlán (Mexico), Talbotville Ontario (Canada) and in Casablanca (Chile).
* this car has the Ford Windsor V-8 289 engine with Holley 2-barrel carburettor, 203 bhp / 4.400 rpm, torque 382 Nm / 2.400 rpm, top speed 173 km/h.